Effective May 2018
2. What information does ZOBIZ collect?
We gather various types of Personal and Business Information from our users ("consumers, businesses and services"). We may use this Personal/Business Information to, among other things, personalize and improve our services and/or membership options.
A. Information You Provide to Us:
We may anonymize your Personal or Business Information so that you or your business cannot be individually identified and provide that anonymized information to our users, partners or affiliates. For example, we may allow advertisers to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and you agree that we may use any of the information we have collected from you in non-personally identifiable form to allow our advertisers to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. We might use the fact you have inquired about a certain store location or restaurant in a specific town.
B. Information Collected Automatically:
4. Will Hoy Guia share any of the personal information it receives?
- When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Website and to which pages within the Website), we only use such data in aggregate form, in a manner that assures your anonymity. We may provide this aggregate usage information to our advertisers, partners and/or affiliates; these parties may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Website, so that our they, too, can endeavor to provide you with an optimal online experience. For example, we may place a cookie on your device that records what deals you have viewed on our Website, and then provide that information, in non-personally-identifiable form, to a third-party website, to allow such website to show you ads/deals for similar offers that are available from us or from third parties.
- We may also deliver a file to you through the Website (known as a "web beacon") from an advertising network we have contracted with. Web beacons allow advertising networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. These beacons may, for example, log that you have viewed a certain Hotel on our Website, and then show you an ad for similar hotels. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network's servers, these companies can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. Many ad networks participate in the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"), a cooperative of online marketing and analytics companies committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards, and such NAI members may allow you to opt-out of cookies or beacons they deliver. Again, we do not control the policies of any third parties, including advertising networks.
We neither rent nor sell your Personal or Business Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. We share your Personal Information in personally identifiable form with third parties only as described below:
5. Is personal information about me or my business secure?
A. Affiliated Businesses and Third-Party Websites We Do Not Control:
In certain situations, businesses or third-party websites we’re affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Website (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that we deem it related to such transaction or service. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business’s or websites’ policies.
B. Sales Representatives:
We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we inform you otherwise, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what we deem necessary to assist us in performing such tasks.
C. User Profiles and Content:
Certain user profile information, including without limitation, a user’s username and the image content that such user has uploaded to the website may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Website or address your request for our services. Any content you upload to our directory, your profile, or advertisement, along with any Personal Information or Business information content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other user can view (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by others. Your username may also be displayed to other users if and when you post comments or upload images through the Website and other users can contact you through such comments. If you sign into the Services through Facebook or other Social Media, your list of "friends" from Facebook may be automatically imported to the Services, and such "friends," if they are also registered users of the Services, may be able to access certain non-public information you have entered in your Services user profile. Again, we do not control the policies and practices of any other third-party site or service.
D. Business Transfers, Mergers, Acquisition or Bankruptcy:
In the event that Hoy Guia is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
E. Protection of Hoy Guia, SRL and Others:
We may release Personal Information or Business Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with laws; enforce or apply our conditions of use and/or other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Hoy Guia, SRL, our employees, our users, or others. We may exchange information with other companies and organizations (including governmental authorities) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via Facebook Connect or other Social Media sites, you may have additional or different sign-on protections. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password (or other sign-on protections) appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account, membership and other Personal Information/Business Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
6. What choices do I have?
7. Contacting Us
- You can always elect not to disclose information to us. However, please keep in mind that we may need some information to allow you to register with us or to take advantage of some or all of our features, and if you choose not to provide that information, your ability to use our Website and services may be limited.
- You may be able to add, update, or delete information. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. Please note that some information may remain in our private records after your deletion of such information from your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal/Business Information even if you update or delete it, but we will not use that information in a manner that would identify you personally.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, or would like to update your information or modify your communication preferences, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected]
, by phone at 506-8447-1733, or write to us at the following address:
Hoy Guia, SRL dba (ZOBIZ)
PO Box 42-6370
Quepos, Puntarenas Costa Rica 60601
Attn: Legal Department
Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly, you should not include Payment Information or Sensitive Information in your e-mail correspondence to us.